A special "thank you" to our Worship Arts Admin (and MFT in training) Janelle Norman who put this resource together for us. If you have any questions about these resources or need to contact our Care Team, please reach out to Pastor Greg at GregT@sunrise.church.
San Juan Unified School District - Providing 2 free meals daily M-F for kids 18 and under, no questions asked. Pickup is daily from 11:30-12:30 at various school locations provided in the link.
Orangeville Food Bank - 6483 Main Ave, Orangevale CA 95662, (916) 304-FOOD, curbside pick up of groceries
Sunrise Christian Food Ministry - 5901 San Juan Ave, Citrus Heights CA 95610, (916) 965-5431
Placer Food Bank - 8284 Industrial Avenue Roseville, CA 95678, (916) 783-0481, pick up of groceries
Twin Lakes Food Bank - TEFAP/USDA, 327 Montrose Dr, Folsom, California, 95630, (916) 985-6232
The Way of Life Church - 10415 Folsom Blvd Rancho Cordova, California, 95817 (916) 588-6989
CVS Pharmacy - medical supplies and other groceries free delivery
Walgreens - Medical supplies and other groceries free delivery
Headspace Mindfulness App - Free for specific people in the community such as health workers, teachers and for those who are working an essential job.
Get Out of Your Head Book - Jenny Allen
Boundaries Book - John Townsend, Henry Cloud.
Rising Strong Book - Brene Brown.
Everybody Always Book - Bob Goff
Alicia Luna LMFT - Telehealth therapy, sliding scale rates based on income, offers a parent support group as well. (916) 733-2172
Soul Care Counseling (Out of Bridgeway Church) - Telehealth therapy, (916) 626-3017 EXT 1
Heartstrings Counseling - Telehealth therapy - 916-676-7405
Hope Counseling Center - Telehealth therapy- (916) 780-1059
SELF-CARE (practically taking care of your body)
- Getting a full eight hours of sleep at night
- Drinking a ½ gallon of water daily (eight 8 ounce glasses)
- Exercising regularly (at least 30 min three times a week)
- Spending at least a half hour a day in the sun (for Vitamin D)
- Taking walks for fresh air
- Going to the doctor when you’re not feeling well
- Choosing fresh and healthy food to consume
- Practicing healthy hygiene regularly (bathing, brushing teeth, cutting nails)
SELF-SOOTHING (taking a much needed break)
- Practicing mindfulness (Headspace app, free YouTube videos on mindfulness, Calm app, practicing silence in prayer)
- Engaging in a fun activity or hobby (watching a fun movie or TV show, crafting, gardening, reading, puzzles, baking, etc.)
- Practicing stretching and deep breathing
- DIY at home spa (bubble bath, painting nails, face mask)
- Taking a drive
- Calling friends and family
- Praying, worship and reading the bible
SELF-REGULATING (getting emotions out)
- Art - painting, drawing, coloring out emotions
- Expressing frustrations to someone safe or to the Lord
- Giving yourself the space to feel emotions (quiet time alone or with safe people)
- Creating boundaries from emotionally unsafe people (creating a safe space)
- Playing an instrument or listening to music
- Punching a punching bag or screaming into a pillow
COVID- 19 – Creating structure in the day is so important for creating a sense of purpose and avoiding stagnation. Being in contact with loved ones and friends also is important for maintaining social connection in a time of distancing.